Saturday 6 May 2017

Naked Gardening?

So apparently I and the Wife should have been naked down the allotment today.

The first Saturday of May is the World Naked Gardening Day. Yes, apparently that is a thing. But then again I really don't want to scare the chickens and put them off their lay, so maybe it's for the best that I found out about this after I got back from the allotment.

Today's challenge down the allotment is potting on. And boy have we had a lot to do. So much so that I didn't really take much photos.

The one photo I did take was of the result of me attacking that bed with all the clay sods. When we last saw it, it was heap of baked clay blocks that lay for a year under weed membranes and was as hard as rocks. It took some seriously bashing to break up those sods and liberal mixing with coconut coir and a dash of compost to turn it into a usable bed.

Meanwhile we've been potting on the Cape Gooseberries. Most will probably go to next week's Plant Sale.

I've also potted on my Chillies seedlings into suitable containers. After all these were the original reason why I got the second greenhouse.

Then there was all the wood work in trying to build a set of shelves into the second greenhouse. I've cannibalised a couple of pallets into potential table tops. Just need to get some sort of legs fitted onto them.

All-in-all, a very busy day down the plot, but not a lot of photos for the blog. Ah well, you can't have everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?