Sunday 19 February 2017

The Annual Slaughtering of the George

It's that time again. Time to deal with the George's that have been hanging around in the kitchen since last year.

After slicing it open there is a huge number of seeds inside.

These will be dried for a couple of weeks and then this years courgette marathon will once again be under way. It's  good job we like courgettes.

Meanwhile, the Wife decided to clear out the greenhouse. It certainly needed it.

She did a really good job. Just perfect for her "Strawberry Empire".

Whilst she was tidying, I was shovelin' 5h1t! We had a welcome delivery of manure to the site, which is somewhat of a rarity these days.

Yes that pile is nearly 2m high. Will probably last us about 2 weeks the way people go through it. I grabbed a few barrow-fulls.

I also dug out some of the soil from the old courgette mound (as was) to fill the new flower bed.

At least the daffs are starting to make an appearance.

The manure also got dug into the two lower beds (the ones that often get flooded) which were last years beetroot. This year they'll be sweetcorn beds.

Hopefully this year we'll get to the sweetcorn in time. Otherwise we'll have chicken feed again.

And I also planted the Red Shallot onions. Didn't have as many onions as I thought I did so I've only got a half-bed at the moment. Will have to get a few more to top it off.

I apologise for the  blurry photos. Didn't realise that the lens of my mobile was somewhat smeary and has made a bit of a mess of the auto focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?