Which turned out to be not a good idea.
The wood chip packs down as it's walked on. So putting the membrane down first means that the wood chip tends to slide about on top of it. It needs to have a more robust base. So instead I ended up deciding that the weed membrane will go on top, like my existing greenhouse.
So despite the cold and the wind, it's time to do the fiddly things again. I seem to remember going through all this before.
But after a lot of faffing about trying to get some of the old nuts and bolts undone, I did eventually get the greenhouse up. Well the frame at least.
Trying to get the plastic cushioning which clips onto the frame and which the glass rests is a very fiddly thing to attempt. Especially in the cold and wind.
So although I manged to get some of it on, I decided that instead of getting lightly spotted with rain, I'd head home to the warmth and tackle it another day. The glass also has to wait.
But I am slightly worried about how the glass will fit. Because this is a second hand green house, some of the frame pieces are twisted and warped. This may cause issues. I am also unsure as to whether there is in fact enough glass to fit. I suppose that's not too much of an issue. Providing the roof, south wall and door wall have enough glass, I can fill in the other walls with perspex or wood as needed.
This new greenhouse is slightly smaller than the old one. It's supposed to be 6ft x 8ft again, but either the other was generous or this one, not so. But the foot print is slightly smaller, and the roof is certainly lower (as is the door way, which my head duly found out).
But things are slowly returning to life on the plot. The rhubarb is starting to sprout.