Saturday 28 January 2017

First real work on the plot this year.

Last week I could only manage a quick visit. This week we managed to do a little more, but still no real heavy work. My coughing from the lung infection has left my ribs badly bruised so lifting and digging are well and truly out.

But I managed to get round to giving the grape vine a proper trim, which it desperately need. Ideally pruning should be done in December. Ah well, better late than never.

The cutting from said vine went into the bottom of the new flower bed. I'll fill it with soil when I can lift a spade.

The other pots and root balls you can see below the cutting are plants that have died in the greenhouse. Unfortunately leaving things so long meant they dried up and died. Even during winter plants need watering.

But the strawberries seem to have survived(ish). I think some may be dead, but it can wait until spring before we know for sure.

Meanwhile, the Daikon Radishes that we planted last August appear to be almost ready. We pulled one to see. Yep, sure enough, a little crooked, but grated on top of a grilled mackerel with shoyu it should be be pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?