Sunday 19 June 2016

The Toms are taking over

It's getting hard to get into the greenhouse now. To quote a phrase, "It's like a jungle sometimes. It makes me wonder how I keep from going under". This particular jungle is caused by the tomatoes taking off.

Time to kick some of them out. Of course the only problem is, is that once they're outside, there are slugs and winds and allsorts of things which will try to damage them, so they need somewhere secure out of the way.

Well today I covered the far side of the plot (the part which failed to be rotovated) with weed membrane and moved the potatoes into position to act as anchor points. This opened up some space to build a little tomato sanctuary.

It won't win any beauty contests, but it won't get blown over.

Looks like the sweet peas could do with some support as well.

Elsewhere on the plot it's been all hands to deal with the invasion of the weeds. The recent rains have proliferated the weeds (and the slugs). So all the beds got weeded and the front verge next to the track got a digging to oust some annoying grasses and dandelions.

Not complete though. If I step to my left it looks like this...

Still have to deal with all that, but I'm just too damn exhausted.

All I can say is "soon"...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?