Thursday 16 June 2016

Jam time again

A quick trip to the plot this evening showed the rhubarb about ready to fall over. It was nearly as tall as me. So I pulled a few stalks.

After giving quite a few away to the neighbours, I put about 4Kg on to "soak" in sugar for 24 hours.

By my reckoning, I took about 10%-15% of the plant. At this rate I'll be in Rhubarb and Ginger Jam for the next decade. And that's just the Front Rhubarb. I already pulled a similar amount from the Back Rhubarb to take into the office canteen. I don't think Chef wants me to bring any more in. We've been having Rhubarb this and that for the past few weeks.

Seems like it's a seriously good year for rhubarb this year. At least the slugs didn't manage to get much. Or if they did, it wasn't noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?