Saturday 5 July 2014

Flowers and food

I'm a veggie person. I prefer stuff that grows on the allotment to be stuff that I can eat. But there is also the need to keep the pollinators happy and, of course, the wife. So we have a variety of flowers growing as well as veggies.

Such as...
Morning Glory

Cosmos

Nasturtiums

A selection of bedding plants (I have no idea what they all are. Anybody?)
 

Sweet Peas

Lavender

Artichoke (not quite ready to blossom but soon)

And Okra.
Yes I know that you can eat the Okra, and we have done so. But they have a decent flower,

Elsewhere on the plot things are coming to fruition. The Leaf Beet is really starting to take off.
So I pulled a few leaves for tonight's dinner.

And along with the potatoes...
... we should have a decent meal.

The Rhubarb needs a damn good thinning out, so I guess I going to be making Rhubarb and Ginger Jam again.

And we even have some other stuff for little visitors such as this little moth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?