Sunday 4 May 2014

Yet more construction

Seems like the building never stops.

Well OK, it stopped for a week. But only because I was at work and there was quite a bit of rain over the past few days. I have decided to change my construction technique of the raised beds. Instead of building the beds as a fixed size like the first one. I am now building them all at a single height, but with the corner pieces slightly offset by an inch. In this manner I can stack the levels as I see fit.

We had a slight frost last night. The potatoes in the bags seem to have taken a hit to the leaves. But spuds are pretty tough things and should be able to bounce back. Fortunately nothing else on the allotment seems to have been hit by the frost. Thankfully I had most of the dainty stuff covered by fleece.

I didn't get round to finishing the raised "beds" today. Because there were yet more deliveries of plants for the plant sale. And the wife and I spent a good few hours in the greenhouse potting up the plugs into proper pots. Looks like the back storage shed of the allotment has nearly run out of pots small enough. We now only have 9cm+ sized pots left. But thats not so bad. It should give the plants room to grow. But I really had to have a drastic clearout of the greenhouse to make everything fit. Where did all the stuff go? Into the shed of course. It's now officially a "throw-everything-in-and-slam-the-door-before-it-all-falls-out" shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?