Saturday 31 August 2013

Site work and Onions

As part of the Committee there are the occasional jobs which need to be done to help the site. One task which has been assigned to me is the numbering of the water tanks. Now when people report faults like leaky taps they can just give us the number rather than "near plot such and such". It makes life easier. So the water tank on my plot is now known as East 3.

Mean while today's courgette tally is 8.

But out and about painting the numbers brought me into contact with other plot holders. One such on the West Side is a chap who really knows his Onions. And then some.

As I reported the other day, my onions didn't really do so well. They were pretty small. But these onions are impressive. I mean really impressive.

Don't look like much? Let me bring some perspective in here.
That's me holding one of them. It's about 50cm in circumference. About 20 inches in old money. I wish I could get mine that big. Mind you, if he ever tries to pickle them, he's going to need a pickle jar the size of a small car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?