Friday 9 August 2013

Courgettes galore

Well my courgette factory seems to be churning them out at a great rate of knots. So now I need to use them up. Fortunately we like courgettes.

But following on from a posting on a Google+ Allotments UK post by Natasha, I decided to give her recipe a go. I followed her recipe to the letter. The only difference being that I don't have a full size loaf tin, so opted for my two smaller tins. Works out better this way anyway. One for today. The other loaf for tomorrow.

Ingredients.
2 large eggs
125ml vegetable oil
85g soft brown sugar
350g courgettes, coarsely grated
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp baking powder
85g walnuts, roughly chopped
140g sultanas

Heat oven to 180C and Butter and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and sugar

then add the courgettes and vanilla.

In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients with a pinch of salt.

Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, then pour into the tin.

Bake for 1 hr, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool, then serve, or freeze for up to 1 month.

Wife gives this a rating of "2 thumbs up"! Which, in her book, means that it's pretty damn good.

And combine that with the Rhubarb and Ginger Jam I made a few days ago. Looks like we have new ot of food to munch on. Wonder if I should do a new batch on Sunday and take it into the office on Monday? Because this won't last long round here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?