Sunday 30 June 2013

What's in the bucket?

I was reminded the other day about a certain bucket I have sitting underneath the shed. Once which was last seen filled with stinging nettles and water. That was a few months back. So... what's in the bucket?

Answer: a hole.

Yes it seems that some of the water has drained out and a mould of some sort has taken over.

This was my attempt to make a nettle plant food for the plants in the greenhouse. They always need a little extra nutrients. Especially as a couple of the plants (mostly the Yellow Courgettes) are looking a littleyellow in the leaves. There is a couple of inches of green liquid in the bottom of the bucket which is probably the remains of the nettles compost tea. Mind you, it is pretty smelly. But it does seem that this has done the job.

Mind you, there are other things around here which are turning yellow. Such as my Nasturtiums. But I don't think that is because of the lack of nutrients, more likely it is because of the huge amount of black fly that is infesting the leaves.
They can have some of the nettle tea too. Diluted in a watering can with rain water from the butt and it should give them all a little extra boost.

Remind me to keep the greenhouse door and windows open. Did I tell you how smelly it was?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?