Saturday 14 July 2012

Blog Roll: Treehugger



Every now and again, I will be introducing you to Green, Eco, or Sustainable style Blogs around the Internet that I read. Today it's time for:

Tree Hugger.


Why I read it:
Treehugger is a commercial news service that covers a wide range of topics with a green and eco stance. They cover technology (the area I work in) as well as design, food, global eco news and a wide variety of topics. Being a commercial service they have a number of journalists who provide the latest and greatest news.

Regularity of updates: Alarmingly regular.
We're not talking one or two updates a day here. We're talking one or two an hour. If you want to subscribe to this news service then you better get yourself a decent news reader (I use Netvibes).

What's Good:
There is always something to read. The articals provide lots of links to other places of interest. Even if you only go one click into an off link then you'll have a good range of interesting articles. Often I have ended up at new sites where I then spend an hour or more trawling through back articles for details and following stories.

What's Bad:
There is always something to read. Yes I said the same thing for good as well. The problem is that there is so much that by the time you've finished exploring the current news article and it's associated links you will find that something else has cropped up.

Go hug a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?